Reading Cultural Awards 2019 Winners Announced
The winners of the Reading Cultural Awards 2019 were announced last night (24 June) by Reading UK in front of over 250 guests at a glittering awards ceremony at the Hilton Reading.
From over 350 nominations, the judges whittled the entries down to three finalists in each of the 12 categories before announcing the winners. The 2019 winners:-
- Made in Reading Award sponsored by Cream Design: Henry II by Reading Between The Lines
- Visual Arts Event of the Year: Caversham Arts Trail
- Business Champion of the Arts sponsored by Reading BID: Broad Street Mall
- Newcomer of the Yearsponsored by BBC Radio Berkshire: Reside Dance
- Cultural Organisation of the Year sponsored by The Reading Chronicle: Reading International
- Best Education Project sponsored by The Oracle Reading: Creative Arts Department, Brookfields School
- Partnership in the Arts sponsored by Reading Buses: Night In the Ruins (Reading Borough Council, Reading Abbey Revealed project, Are You Listening? Festival, Reading Fringe Festival, Stuart Melrose)
- Festival of the Year sponsored by Haslams: Readipop Festival
- Cultural Space of the Year sponsored by Barton Willmore: South Street Arts Centre
- Celebrating Reading’s Heritage Award sponsored by Hilton Reading: Reading Abbey Revealed/re-opening of Reading Abbey
- Performance of the Year sponsored by Berkeley Homes: Golden Day performed by Reading Phoenix Choir
- Reading Great Place Award sponsored by Reading UK: Reading Fringe Festival
- A special award, The Judges Award, selected by the judging panel, was presented to Reading Rep for the consistent high standard of their work.
Nigel Horton-Baker, Executive Director, Reading UK, said: All our finalists displayed a creativity and passion that makes such a difference to the “city” in which we work, live or do business. Over the last 12 months, the arts scene in Reading has gone from strength to strength and our winners represent the amazing diversity and quality of Reading’s cultural and heritage offer.”
The Reading Cultural Awards 2019 are organised by Reading UK with the generous support of Berkeley Homes, Cream Design, Barton Willmore, Hilton Reading, The Oracle, BBC Radio Berkshire, Reading Chronicle, Reading Central BID (Business Improvement District), Reading Buses and Haslams.
Reading Cultural Awards 2019 – Full Details
Full details of the winners can be found at www.readingculturalawards.org