Eat Reading 2021 This Weekend, Street Food And Music
On Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 August, Reading’s pedestrianised Broad Street will come alive with the sights and smells of gorgeous street food for Eat Reading 2021.
The annual celebration of the world’s street food had to take an enforced break last year and has moved to August from its usual June dates in 2021. Hosted by Reading’s Blue Collar this year, Eat Reading will be a giant street party with food from over 20 cuisines on offer, a bar and musical entertainment.
Eat Reading 2021
Bobby Lonergan, Manager of Reading Central Business Improvement District (BID), said: “Eat Reading is always a highlight in Reading’s food calendar, bringing talented street food businesses onto Broad Street to showcase their culinary skills.
“Eat Reading has been a huge success for over a decade attracting thousands of people to Reading town centre to enjoy the world on a plate. Reading Central BID is delighted to be working with Blue Collar this year to bring the authentic flavours of the world to the heart of Reading for this two-day event of good food, good vibes and – fingers crossed – good weather.”
Glen Dining, Blue Collar, said: “After the past 18 months, it feels like there’s never been a better time to eat, drink and support local businesses. We’re really excited to be part of Eat Reading and working with Reading UK this weekend.”
There will be musical entertainment from Eat Reading perennials RASPO along with Los Dos Gringos and the Woodley Ukulele Band.
Eat Reading runs on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 August from 11am until early evening.
Street food stalls:-
- The Bissy Tree: Jerk chicken, pork & mutton curry.
- YouBao: Delicious bao buns & noodle dishes. Vegan & GF options.
- Spengler’s Deli: Home-cured salt beef reubens, meatball subs and Philly cheesesteaks.
- Polentista: Arancini balls, polenta chips & pasta dishes.
- Peru Sabor: Award-winning chicken wraps, beef & lamb skewers.
- Dirty Snax: Loaded fries with deluxe toppings.
- Brink & Babs: Gourmet kebabs and wraps.
- Mainstreet Tacos: A range of Mexcian tacos and burritos.
- The Caversham Butcher: Mo’s gourmet burgers and meatballs.
- Chipsmyth: Hand cut chips with delicious toppings. Vegan options.
- Royal Tandoori: Indian curries and dishes.
- Churros Garcia: Award-winning churros with melted chocolate and sugar. Vegan options.
- JessecoProsecco: Stacked pancakes.
- Milly’s Turkish: Turkish treats.
- Meski’s Ethiopian: Ethiopian platters. Vegan & GF options.
- The Cheese Toaster: Delicious loaded cheese toasties.
- Anonymous Coffee: Independent speciality coffee bar. Vegan options.
- Bar: Double-Barrelled beers served alongside Pimm’s, Prosecco, wines, soft drinks & more.
Saturday 1.00pm Los Dos Gringos + others tbc
Sunday 12-1.00pm Woodley Ukulele Band / 1.30 -3.30pm RASPO